5 Constructive Things To Do Instead of Black Friday
Today I will strive to create positive and productive energy as opposed to the negative and consumptive energy that surrounds Black Friday.
Here are 5 ways:
1. Practice mindfulness. No matter what you do today, viagra 40mg try to remain conscientious in the present moment. If you are local to Gainesville, erectile our colleague Payal Khurana of Launchpad, along with Elliott Larkin, will teach you this practice in December through the Mindful Project. You can sign up today at MindfulProject.com.
2. Plant a garden. What better day than this beautiful fall day to plant some new crops in the garden?
Gretchen, in her November Planting Guide, suggests these transplants: Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chinese Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, and Strawberry.
3. Get coffee with a friend. Why not go catch up with a friend today? I would of course suggest getting a compost-friendly coffee from one of our composting partners, such as Karma Cream, East End Eatery, or Curia on the Drag.
4. Take a hike/bike. I love this city for its natural gems: The Hawthorne Trail, Alfred Ring Park, San Felasco.
5. Spend your money on a good thing. Some “anti-black-Friday” folks suggest not spending any money today, but why not spend money instead on socially-responsible products and services from businesses that you support?
Today, we have been offering some great sales for “Black Gold” Friday, a positive alternative to mindless Black Friday shopping.
To learn more about bike-powered food waste diversion in Gainesville, FL, click here.
Thanks for reading,